Updated: Oct 1, 2021
Bring on Fall! If you’re anything like me, you’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of cooler temperatures, excuses to wear vests and boots, and of course the Fall rite of passage, the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Fall is typically chock-full of family-friendly events, and other than a few COVID-related restrictions, this Fall in Dallas is no different. One of my favorite family Fall activities is visiting pumpkin patches. Within a short drive from Dallas, there are dozens of pumpkin patches where you can really experience the best of the season!
Strolling through a pumpkin patch is the perfect way to spend a Fall day with the kids. Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while picking out the jack-o-lanterns-to-be, front porch décor, and more. Plus, many of the pumpkin patches near Dallas have hay bale mazes, petting zoos, hay rides, bounce houses, and tons of other fun activities.
Here are some of the great things about pumpkin patches near Dallas:
Excellent way to support local farmers
Unique, fun, and safe outdoor activity for kids
Great option for school field trips
Take your learning pod for an afternoon excursion
Fun for the whole family!
The best pumpkin patches near Dallas are listed below. We’ve checked each place listed and their website says they’re open this year, but please be sure to CALL AHEAD to confirm their hours because, as we all know, things can change on a moment's notice these days. And also check to see whether they require appointments and whether they accept credit cards. Some of the farms may be cash only.
Don't forget to wear your sunscreen, and if you're going in the late afternoon, you may want to bring bug repellent too. Be sure to ask the farm what social distancing protocols they have in place, and whether you're required to wear a mask outdoors.
***Many of the pumpkin patches require appointments to ensure social distancing, so call ahead or go online to make a reservation! ***
Did we miss a pumpkin patch or farm? Let us know so that we can add it to the list!
SHARE THIS POST WITH A MOM OR DAD WHO COULD USE THIS INFO!
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF PUMPKIN PATCHES IN NORTH TEXAS:
1. 5G Farm TX - Visit Collin County's newest pumpkin patch, just outside of McKinney, TX near Meyers Park. The farm has great displays set up for family pictures, a ton of pumpkins and squash, tables set up for the kids to paint their pumpkins, Smores on Friday night at the bonfire, hayrides back and forth to your vehicle on Saturdays, a chance to feed the turkeys, a bounce house, and more. The farm also hosts many local vendors selling soaps, candles, coffee, jewelry, and more, and smokes BBQ on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. FREE admission and parking. Open September 17- October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
2. Arapaho United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Each Fall the corner of Coit and Arapaho in Richardson, TX transforms into a pumpkin patch. Proceeds from the pumpkin sales benefit the church's youth ministry. Open October 2 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
3. Autumn at the Arboretum – This annual event at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens is back for its 16th year. This year's display features over 90,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash! Snap selfies at the incredible pumpkin houses, get lost in the hay bale maze, and explore the 60+ acres of beautiful flowers. While you're there, be sure to stop by The Lulu Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace, Café on the Green, or Restaurant De Golyer for delicious al fresco dining options - and adult beverages - brought to you by our favorite caterer, Gil’s Elegant Catering. Admission ranges from $12-$17, kids under 2 are free. Open September 18 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Online reservations required. Masks required indoors (including restrooms) for ages 2 and up.
4. Blase Family Farm - This adorable family farm in Rockwall, TX is not just a pumpkin patch. They also have a hay ride, a petting zoo with llama, sheep, a donkey, and pigs, and a hay maze just the right size for the little ones. You'll love all the photo ops, the homemade popsicles and fudge, and and they also sell corn stalks and straw bales for all your fall decorating needs! Admission is $9 per person, and includes a hot dog. Kids under 2 are free. Open weekends September 25 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Online reservations required.
5. Christ United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Visit this Pumpkin Patch in Plano, TX, where all proceeds benefit the Church's Youth Ministry for scholarships, classroom updates, and more. Located in the North parking lot of the Church. Open September 26- October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
6. Country Critters Farm and Pumpkin Patch - Country Critters Farm in Alvarado, TX is the perfect place for great family fun. They have lots of fun activities for the whole family including bounce houses, tractor and train playground, pony rides, petting zoo, barrel train ride, hayrides, a wooden maze, duck races, and more. They'll have live Texas country music every Saturday! General admission is $12 per person, $6 for seniors, and kids 2 and under are free. Open weekends October 2- November 14, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: The staff will be wearing face coverings, but it is unclear whether or not guests are required to do so.
7. Creekwood United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Creekwood United Methodist Church in Allen, TX is once again hosting a community-wide pumpkin patch. They brought in over 7 tons of pumpkins for a one-of-a-kind patch! Open daily from October 2- October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
8. Dallas Farmers Market - Take your pick of over 25 pumpkin varieties at the Dallas Farmers Market in Deep Ellum. The patch is open everyday inside The Shed. Stay for live music, chef demos, and other special events at the Shed. Free admission to The Shed. Open September 18- October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Masks required indoors.
9. Elves Farm Pumpkin Patch - This Christmas tree farm Denison, TX doubles as a pumpkin farm during the Fall, bringing in over 100,000 pounds of pumpkins, gourds, and corn. The kids will have a blast visiting the horses, chickens, goats, pot belly pig, and other animals. There is also a hay maze, hay ride, sack races, bounce pad, duck races, pumpkin sling shot, corn cannon, and more. Admission is $10 per person, and includes a pumpkin, or $5 per person, without a pumpkin. Some of the activities, such as the pumpkin sling shot, are an additional charge. Open October 2 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
10. Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch - At the Double Oak Ranch in Flower Mound, TX, you'll find hundreds of pumpkins to choose from, as well as cornstalks, hay bales, baked goods, and refreshments. Kids will have a blast on the hay bale maze, bounce house and slide, hayride, Pumpkin Patch Train, playground, and more. There is a charge for parking ($10 M-F and $20 Sat/Sun) but all other activities are FREE! Open October 1 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Reservations required.
11. Hall’s Pumpkin Farm - Enjoy an old-fashioned Fall celebration in Grapevine, TX. Every October, the Hall family celebrates the harvest by inviting folks to visit their farm. They've got pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, gourds, hay bales and corn stalks galore! Check out the amazing Corn Maze - over two acres of towering corn stalks - and stay for a hay ride. ***They are CASH ONLY.*** General admission is $15 per person, kids 4-11 are $10, and kids 3 and under are free. Open Wed-Sun (and open Columbus Day) October 1 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Limiting the number of people on each hay ride.
12. Kadee Farm Pumpkin Patch - This Christmas tree farm in Grenville, TX doubles as a pumpkin farm during the Fall. Come for the pumpkins and stay for the hay ride, petting zoo, maze, games, and lots of family fun. General admission is $6 per person, $3 for seniors, and kids 3 and under are free. Open Friday-Sunday September 25 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
13. Lola's Pumpkin Patch - Lola's Local Market in Melissa, TX is hosting its pumpkin patch again this year! You'll find fun activities for the entire family, including pumpkin painting, pony rides, hay rides, face painting, food, shopping, and more! Lola's is also hosting Vendor Days on Sundays, so come support all the local artisans while enjoying the fall festivities. Open Wednesdays-Sundays September 25 - October 31, 2021 (activities are on the weekends only). COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
14. Lone Star Family Farm - Get your pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalk bundles and other Fall decorations at this family farm in Stephenville, TX. Spend the day enjoying the hay rides, petting zoo, cow train, corn cannon, giant slides, pig races, and more! Get lost in the 8-acre corn maze or try out the mini corn maze for younger explorers. Open September 25 - November 6, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Online ticket purchase and reservation required.
15. Mainstay Farm Park Pumpkin Days - Visit the "Biggest Backyard in Texas" located in Cleburne, TX and enjoy over 40 attractions plus delicious food and drinks made right on the farm including Wine Chillers, Mainstay Farm Wine, and freshly squeezed lemonade. Sheep racing, Ferris wheel, hay jump, 100' chute slide, mazes, farm animals, jumping pillow, and a roller coaster are just a few of the awesome attractions. Admission is $28.95 (cheaper online, at $23.95) and kids 2 and under are free. Open Fridays-Sundays September 24 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
16. Pitchfork Pumpkin Patch - This family-owned pumpkin patch is about 25 minutes east of Dallas in Royse City, Texas. They show family-friendly movie nights every Friday and Saturday in October. They also offer pumpkin painting, pumpkin carving, and even pumpkin smashing! Check out the petting zoo every Saturday ($10 charge). Admission is free, but the activities are an additional charge; there's a discount for 3 or more activities. Open everyday October 1 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
17. Preston Hollow United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Every year, the Church unloads two semi-truck loads of pumpkins on its front lawn in Dallas, TX and opens it up to the community. There are dozens of varieties of pumpkins, some you have probably never seen before! The funds raised go to benefit the Preston Hollow Elementary School, Kids Hope USA, The Birthday Party Project, and other mission projects in the community. Open October 1 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
18. Pumpkin Hollow - This is a small, indoor pumpkin patch inside the atrium at Midcities Montessori school. They have several hundred pumpkins to choose from. This is a great option when other pumpkin patches are closed for rain! Open September 26 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown, but note that this pumpkin patch is indoors.
19. Pumpkins on the Prairie - Grace Avenue United Methodist Church in Frisco, TX is once again hosting Pumpkins on the Prairie. There's a petting zoo on October 16th and a Fall Festival on October 30th. Don't miss the shaved iced truck and face painting on the weekends. Admission is free. Open October 8 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
20. Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm - Gather your family and enter under the tree canopy, walk along pumpkin-filled paths and prepare to experience over 10 acres of shaded Fall farm adventures. Animals in the barnyard, vintage tractors and farm equipment, pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, hayrides, a corn maze, a giant pumpkin jump pad, swings and games are all waiting for your family to enjoy at Shadow Creek! Located in Midlothian, TX - just 30 minutes south of Dallas and Ft. Worth - this is the perfect place to experience a classic fall atmosphere for the whole family. General admission is $12 per person, Seniors, first responders and veterans are $10, and kids 2 and under are free. Open Saturdays and Sundays October 2 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Enhanced sanitation protocols and social distancing encouraged.
21. St. James Episcopal Church Pumpkin Patch - One of the most popular, enduring traditions in Lake Highlands in Dallas, TX is returning in 2021. Thousands of pumpkins of every size, shape and variety will be sold and proceeds benefit the Saint James Student Ministries. Open everyday October 2 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
22. St. John the Apostle United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - St. John the Apostle UMC in Arlington, TX has offered a fun and unique pumpkin patch experience to the community for over 25 years. Come take pictures and buy a pumpkin; proceeds support youth missions at the church. Open September 27 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Limited capacity and face coverings encouraged.
23. Sunset Hill Tree Farm - This picturesque farm in Alvarado, TX features a pumpkin patch, scare crow hayride, playground, petting zoo, lots of photo ops, life-size checkers, a kids climbing wall, Tricycle Hill, and more! Admission is $8 per person and kids 3 and under are free. Open Saturdays and Sundays October 2 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
24. Team Family Farms - Located in Aubrey, TX, Team Family Farms features a world-class pumpkin patch, but also offers educational field trips, birthday parties, and private events. The 6th Annual Pumpkin Patch Festival features barrel train rides, a chance to feed the animals, awesome photo ops, playgrounds, a hay maze, games, music, and much more. General admission M-F is $10 per person, and on weekends is $15 per person; kids under 2 are always free. Open everyday September 25 - November 7, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Farm activities are spread out to allow for social distancing.
25. The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farms - This family-owned pumpkin farm in Gunter, TX has become an annual destination for thousands of North Texas and Oklahoma residents since its opening in 1997. The farm offers visitors a chance to experience blossoming small green pumpkins right on the vine in their pumpkin patch, as well as hayrides, a 6-foot hay maze, and a petting farm for a taste of the country life. Stop by the Preston Trail Farms Café and gift shop before you leave. General admission is $10 per person, kids under 2 are free. Open 8am-8pm Monday-Sunday, September 18 - November 24, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Enhanced sanitation protocols, distancing protocols established, face coverings recommended.
26. The Gentle Zoo's Pumpkin Patch - This adorable farm in Forney, TX features a pumpkin patch, train ride, maze, petting zoo, animal room, playground, ball pit and so much more. Don't miss the giant jumping pillow! They also offer a sensory tour tailored for those on the autism spectrum. Admission is $8 per person, kids 1 and under are free. Open October 1 - October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
27. The Patch at Southlake - The Patch at Southlake is a safe, family friendly, free to enter pumpkin patch right in the heart of Southlake. Hosted by the New Day Church in Southlake, TX, they have pumpkins of all shapes and sizes ready for you and fun activities for the whole family. All profits go to help youth missions and a new kids playground. October 1- October 31, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
28. Yesterland Farm - Visit Yesterland Farm in Canton, TX to experience East Texas's favorite Fall family tradition! Enjoy wide open fun, a pumpkin patch, corn maze, amusement park rides, pig races, petting zoos, incredible photo ops and so much more. They have over 30 attractions to enjoy and lots of stuff for older kids to enjoy such as zombie paintball and other "Spooktacular Nights" special activities from dusk-10pm. General admission is $27.95 at the gate and $21.95 online. Open Fridays-Sundays September 18 - November 7, 2021. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown, but we strongly recommend getting your tickets online in advance.
#playsource #playsourcedallasdallas #localfarms #thingstodoindallas #stufftodoindallas #dallasmoms #dallaskids #dallaskids #fortworthmoms #fortworthkids #kidfriendly #kidfriendlydallas #funstuffnearme #pumpkinpatchesnearme #pumpkinpatch #pumpkinpatches #fall