Updated: Oct 26, 2020
***UPDATED WITH COVID-19 PROTOCOLS!***
Bring on Fall! If you’re anything like me, you’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of cooler temperatures, excuses to wear vests and boots, and of course the Fall rite of passage, the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Fall is typically chock-full of family-friendly events, and other than a few COVID-related restrictions, this Fall in Dallas is no different. One of my favorite family Fall activities is visiting pumpkin patches. Within a short drive from Dallas, there are dozens of pumpkin patches where you can really experience the best of Fall!
Strolling through a pumpkin patch is the perfect way to spend a Fall day with the kids. Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while picking out the jack-o-lanterns-to-be, front porch décor, and more. Plus, many of the pumpkin patches near Dallas have hay bale mazes, petting zoos, hay rides, bounce houses, and tons of other fun activities.
Here are some of the great things about pumpkin patches near Dallas:
Excellent way to support local farmers
Unique, fun, and safe outdoor activity for kids
Great option for school field trips
Take your learning pod for an afternoon excursion
Fun for the whole family!
The best pumpkin patches near Dallas are listed below. We’ve checked each place listed and their website says they’re open this year, but please be sure to CALL AHEAD to confirm their hours. And also check to see whether they require appointments and whether they accept credit cards. Some of the farms may be cash only.
Don't forget to wear your sunscreen, and if you're going in the late afternoon, you may want to bring bug repellent too. Be sure to ask the farm what social distancing protocols they have in place, and whether you're required to wear a mask outdoors.
***Many of the pumpkin patches require appointments to ensure social distancing, so call ahead or go online to make a reservation! ***
Did we miss a pumpkin patch or farm? Let us know so that we can add it to the list!
SHARE THIS POST WITH A MOM OR DAD WHO COULD USE THIS INFO!
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF THE BEST PUMPKIN PATCHES IN NORTH TEXAS (see map at the bottom of this post):
1. 5G Farm TX - Visit Collin County's newest pumpkin patch, just outside of McKinney, TX near Meyers Park. The farm has great displays set up for family pictures, a ton of pumpkins and squash, tables set up for the kids to paint their pumpkins, Smores on Friday night at the bonfire, hayrides back and forth to your vehicle on Saturdays, a chance to feed the turkeys, and more. The farm also hosts many local vendors selling soaps, candles, coffee, jewelry, and more, and smokes BBQ on certain days. Free entry. September 26 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Face coverings are not required.
2. Arapaho United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Each Fall the corner of Coit and Arapaho in Richardson, TX transforms into a pumpkin patch. Proceeds from the pumpkin sales benefit the church's youth ministry. Open September 30 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
3. Autumn at the Arboretum – This annual event at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens is back for its 15th year. The festival opens September 19th and runs through November 1st. This year's display features over 90,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash! Snap selfies at the incredible pumpkin houses, get lost in the hay bale maze, and explore the 60+ acres of beautiful flowers. While you're there, be sure to stop by The Lulu Mae Slaughter Dining Terrace, Café on the Green, or Restaurant De Golyer for delicious al fresco dining options - and adult beverages - brought to you by our favorite caterer, Gil’s Elegant Catering. Open September 19 - November 1, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Online reservations are required. Guests 5 years of age and older are required to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit, unless dining or medically unable to do so. This includes all indoor & outdoor spaces and the Children’s Garden.
4. Blase Family Farm - This adorable family farm in Rockwall, TX is not just a pumpkin patch. They also have a petting zoo with llama, sheep, a donkey, a mini horse, and pigs, a hay maze, just the right size for the little ones, tons of photo ops, and they also sell corn stalks and straw bales for all your fall decorating needs! Open September 26 - November 1, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Face coverings required.
5. Christ United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Visit this Pumpkin Patch in Plano, TX, where all proceeds benefit the Church's Youth Ministry for scholarships, classroom updates, and more. Located in the North parking lot of the Church. Open September 28 - October 31. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
6. Country Critters Farm and Pumpkin Patch - Country Critters Farm in Alvarado, TX is the perfect place for great family fun. They have lots of fun activities for the whole family including bounce houses, tractor and train playground, pony rides, petting zoo, barrel train ride, hayrides, a wooden maze, duck races, and more. Open October 3 - November 15, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: The staff will be wearing face coverings, but it is unclear whether or not guests are required to do so.
7. Creekwood United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Creekwood United Methodist Church in Allen, TX is once again hosting a community-wide pumpkin patch. They brought in over 7 tons of pumpkins for a one-of-a-kind patch! Open October 3 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
8. Dallas Farmers Market - Take your pick of over 25 pumpkin varieties at the Dallas Farmers Market in Deep Ellum. The patch is open everyday from 9am-7pm inside The Shed. Stay for live music, chef demos, and other special events at the Shed. Open September 10 - October 31. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Uknown.
9. Elves Farm Pumpkin Patch - This Christmas tree farm Denison, TX doubles as a pumpkin farm during the Fall, bringing in over 100,000 pounds of pumpkins, gourds, and corn. The kids will have a blast visiting the horses, chickens, goats, pot belly pig, and other animals. There is also a hay maze, hay ride, sack races, bounce pad, duck races, pumpkin sling shot, corn cannon, and more. Open October 3 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
10. First Christian Church of Granbury Pumpkin Patch - Each year the front lawn of First Christian Church in Granbury, TX transforms into a pumpkin patch. Over 1,000 pumpkins and gourds will be available for purchase. Bring the whole family and take pictures - free of charge - but note that professional photographers are requested to make a donation to the Church's fundraiser. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
11. Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch - At the Double Oak Ranch in Flower Mound, TX, you'll find hundreds of pumpkins to choose from, as well as cornstalks, hay bales, baked goods, and refreshments. Kids will have a blast on the hay bale maze, bounce house and slide, hayride, Pumpkin Patch Train, playground, and more. There is a charge for parking but all other activities are FREE! Open October 3 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Reservations required; all guests 5 and up must wear a face covering.
12. Green Meadows Petting Farm - This farm in Dallas, TX is home to over 150 animals, many of which you can feed yourself! This Fall they also feature pig racing, hay rides and of course a fabulous pumpkin patch. Open October 9 - November 1, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
13. Hall’s Pumpkin Farm - Enjoy an old-fashioned Fall celebration in Grapevine, TX. Every October, the Hall family celebrates the harvest by inviting folks to visit their farm. They've got pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, gourds, hay bales and corn stalks galore! Check out the amazing Corn Maze - over two acres of towering corn stalks - and stay for a hay ride. ***They are CASH ONLY.*** Open October 2 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Limiting the number of people on each trailer ride.
14. Kadee Farm Pumpkin Patch - This Christmas tree farm in Grenville, TX doubles as a pumpkin farm during the Fall. and provides a charming old farmhouse atmosphere. Come for the pumpkins and stay for the hay ride, petting zoo, maze, hay jump, train ride, games and lots more family fun. Open September 26 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Pony rides and face painting closed.
15. Lola's Pumpkin Patch - Every weekend through the end of October there will be fun activities including pumpkin painting, pony rides, hay rides, corn maze, The Reptile Encounter, food, and more! Lola's is also hosting Vendor Days on Sundays October 7th & 21st, so come support all the local artisans while enjoying the fall festivities. Open September 29 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
16. Lone Star Family Farm - Get your pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalk bundles and other Fall decorations at this family farm in Stephenville, TX. Spend the day enjoying the hay rides, petting zoo, cow train, corn cannon, giant slides, pig races, and more! Get lost in the 8-acre corn maze or try out the mini corn maze for younger explorers. Open September 26 - November 7, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Online ticket purchase and reservation required.
17. Mainstay Farm Park Pumpkin Days - Visit the "Biggest Backyard in Texas" located in Cleburne, TX and enjoy over 40 attractions plus delicious food and drinks that you won't believe came from a farm, including Wine Chillers, Mainstay Farm Wine, and freshly squeezed lemonade. Sheep racing, hay play and jump, 100' chute slide, mazes, farm animals, jumping pillow, and a roller coaster are just a few of the awesome attractions. Open September 25 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
18. Preston Hollow United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - Every year, the Church unloads two semi-truck loads of pumpkins on its front lawn in Dallas, TX and opens it up to the community. There are dozens of varieties of pumpkins, some you have probably never seen before! The funds raised go to benefit the Preston Hollow Elementary School, Kids Hope USA, The Birthday Party Project, and other mission projects in the community. Open October 1 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
19. Pumpkin Hollow - This is a small, indoor pumpkin patch inside the atrium at Midcities Montessori school. They have several hundred pumpkins to choose from. This is a great option when other pumpkin patches are closed for rain! Open October 26 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown, but because the pumpkin patch is indoors, we recommend wearing a face covering.
20. Pumpkins on the Prairie - Grace Avenue United Methodist Church in Frisco, TX is in the process of assessing the safest options for this season's Pumpkins on the Prairie. As soon as the Church announces its plans, we will update this post! Check back often!
21. Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm - Gather your family and enter under the tree canopy, walk along pumpkin-filled paths and prepare to experience over 10 acres of shaded Fall farm adventures. Animals in the barnyard, vintage tractors and farm equipment, pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, hayrides, a corn maze, a giant pumpkin jump pad, swings and games are all waiting for your family to enjoy at Shadow Creek! Located in Midlothian, TX - just 30 minutes south of Dallas and Ft. Worth, it is the perfect place to experience a classic, Texas-proud, fall atmosphere for the whole family. Open October 3 - November 1, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Face coverings required within 6 feet of other guests. Click for full details: https://shadowcreekpumpkinfarm.com/covid-care-
22. St. James Episcopal Church Pumpkin Patch - One of the most popular, enduring traditions in Lake Highlands in Dallas, TX is returning in 2020 with a few adjustments to ensure safety. Thousands of pumpkins of every size, shape and variety will be sold and proceeds benefit the Saint James Student Ministries. Open September 26 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS:
23. St. John the Apostle United Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch - St. John the Apostle UMC in Arlington, TX has offered a fun and unique pumpkin patch experience to the community for over 25 years. Come take pictures and buy a pumpkin; proceeds support youth missions at the church. Open October 12 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Limited capacity and face coverings encouraged.
24. Storybook Ranch - This beautiful working ranch in McKinney, TX offers a variety of pumpkins, a hay maze, pony and horse rides, a petting zoo, slide bounce house and obstacle course, field day games, and a mini wagon ride through the western town. One mini pumpkin is included with your ticket. Open September 26 - November 1, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Face coverings cover nose and mouth required at all times.
25. Sunset Hill Tree Farm - This picturesque farm in Alvarado, TX features a pumpkin patch, scare crow hayride, playground, petting zoo, lots of phot ops, horse shoes, life-size checkers, a kids climbing wall, Tricycle Hill, and more! Open October 3 - October 31. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
26. Team Family Farms - Located in Aubrey, TX, Team Family Farms features a world-class pumpkin patch, but also offers educational field trips, birthday parties, and private events. The 5th Annual Pumpkin Patch Festival features barrel train rides, a chance to feed the animals, awesome photo ops, playgrounds, a hay maze, games, music, and much more. Open September 26 - November 8, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Farm activities are very spread out to allow for social distancing.
27. The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farms - This family-owned pumpkin farm in Gunter, TX has become an annual destination for thousands of North Texas and Oklahoma residents since its opening in 1997. The farm offers visitors a chance to experience blossoming small green pumpkins right on the vine in their pumpkin patch, as well as hayrides, a 6-foot hay maze, and a petting farm for a taste of the country life. Stop by the Preston Trail Farms Café and gift shop before you leave! Open September 26 - November 25, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Social distancing enforced, face coverings recommended.
28. The Gentle Zoo's Pumpkin Patch - This adorable farm in Forney, TX features a pumpkin patch, train ride, maze, petting zoo, animal room, playground, GaGa ball pit and so much more. Don't miss the giant jumping pillow! They also offer a sensory tour tailored for those on the autism spectrum. Open October 1 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
29. The Patch at Southlake - The Patch at Southlake is a safe, family friendly, free to enter pumpkin patch right in the heart of Southlake. Hosted by the New Day Church in Southlake, TX, they have pumpkins of all shapes and sizes ready for you and fun activities for the whole family. September 27 - October 31, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
30. Yesterland Farm - Visit Yesterland Farm in Canton, TX to experience East Texas's favorite Fall family tradition! Enjoy wide open fun, a pumpkin patch, corn maze, amusement park rides, pig races, petting zoos, incredible photo ops and so much more. They have over 30 attractions to enjoy. Open September 19 - November 8, 2020. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Unknown.
***CLICK here FOR AN INTERACTIVE MAP OF THE BEST PUMPKIN PATCHES IN NORTH TEXAS ***
*******************Just enter your location and filter the Category by "Pumpkin Patch"****************
#playsource #playsourcedallasdallas #localfarms #thingstodoindallas #stufftodoindallas #dallasmoms #dallaskids #dallaskids #fortworthmoms #fortworthkids #kidfriendly #kidfriendlydallas #funstuffnearme #pumpkinpatchesnearme #pumpkinpatch #pumpkinpatches #fall