Unique Holiday Experiences Near Dallas:
One-of-a-kind events, immersive experiences, train rides, and more
1. Luminova at Globe Life Field in Arlington - Over 3 million lights create this holiday spectacular, which includes beautiful landscapes, a 65-foot tree, and twinkling snowmen who never melt. Don't miss the outdoor ice pond – it’s the largest outdoor rink in Texas. Join Santa in his magical light globe for a safely-distanced photo, and choo-choo around the stadium on a trackless train. November 20, 2020 - January 3, 2021.
2. North Pole Express aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad - Experience the magic of Christmas onboard Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s North Pole Express. November 27, 2020 - December 23, 2020. This event sells out fast every year; check HERE for resell/exchange options if you are unable to get tickets.
3. SNOWDAY at the Galleria Dallas – SNOWDAY is an immersive holiday photo experience for all ages. Navigate your way through an imaginative wonderland of festive photo ops, enchanted rooms, and nostalgic moments. Spots are limited, reserve your tickets today for a wonderfully safe and socially-distanced experience. November 20, 2020 - January 3, 2021 (closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
4. The Trains at NorthPark - The cutest toy train exhibit in Texas benefits Ronald McDonald House of Dallas. November 14, 2020 - January 3, 2021. Reservations required.
5. Lone Star Christmas at the Gaylord Texan - Explore acres of twinkling lights and decorations and holiday activities, shows, and events, from snow tubing and ice skating to the I Love Christmas Movies multi-sensory pop-up exhibition. Note that the Gaylord is not featuring the ICE! display this year. November 13, 2020 - January 3, 2021.
6. Holiday at the Dallas Arboretum - Stroll the garden to see the 25-foot-tall elaborately decorated Victorian-style gazebos that represent each of the 12 Days of Christmas. In the evenings, the garden comes to life for a beautiful nighttime experience aglow with over one million lights. After Thanksgiving, enjoy the Christmas Village, visits with Santa Claus, entertainment, shopping, food & beverage options and more. November 7, 2020 - December 31, 2020.
7. Christmas Playland at Yesterland Farm in Canton - Choose the perfect tree, visit with Santa, experience the petting zoo, amusement rides, Christmas photo ops, and so much more at this magical wonderland 1-hour East of Dallas. Weekends November 27th - December 13th from 11am-5pm.
8. A McKinney Christmas: Holiday Pop-up - Make magical memories in historic downtown McKinney with holiday story time, letters to Santa, a Christmas carousel, holiday photo-ops and more. November 27, 2020 - December 24, 2020.
9. It’s a Wonderful Life at the Repertory Company Theatre in Richardson - Celebrate the holiday season with this beloved American classic presented in a new, innovative way. December 11-20, 2020 at 7:30 (Friday/Saturday) and 2:30pm (Sunday).
10. Rent a Private Movie Theater at Cinemark - Host your own screening for up to 20 guests. Imagine snacking on popcorn, laughing with friends and family and enjoying a classic Christmas movie n the privacy and comfort of your own auditorium. Book online easily & instantly. Starting at only $99. Ongoing.
11. Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway - Drive through millions of sparkling lights and over 500 amazing light displays. Proceeds of the event will benefit local North Texas charities. Reservations required. November 26, 2020 - January 3, 2021.
12. Journey of Lights at St. Andrew United Methodist Church in Plano - A new immersive outdoor Christmas event on the 21-acre property of St. Andrew's Church. December 11-19, 2020 from 6pm-9pm.
13. Christmas in the Square at Frisco Square - Stroll through the Frisco Square and marvel at this lights and music extravaganza, the largest choreographed light show in North Texas. Ice skating, visits with Santa, and horse-drawn carriages also available. November 27, 2020 - January 4, 2021 from 6pm-10pm.
14. Holiday in the Park at Six Flags over Texas - Capture the holiday spirit with festive performances, winter wonderland decorations, choreographed light shows, slide down a snow-covered hill, and don't forge the world class thrill rides. Select days from November 20, 2020 - January 4, 2021.